Video is a big thing in Thailand, whether it’s Facebook videos, Youtube, Vimeo or TV streaming. In fact video content is quickly becoming the number 1 type of content being consumed online.
If your marketing plan for 2018 does not include video, it’s high time to jump on-board. Here are some quick facts to get you started.
The State of Video Marketing 2018:
- 78% of people watch online videos every week.
- 55% of people view online videos every day.
- By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic.
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube.
- In the past 30 days, more online video content has been uploaded to the web than the past 30 years of TV content.
- Facebook videos receive 135% more organic reach on average than a Facebook photo.
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text.
- Viewers retain 96% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Searches related to ‘how to’ on YouTube have grown 70% year-on-year.
Sources: Hubspot, Smallbiztrends, Forrester Research, Google, Business Insider, Wordstream, Blue Corona, Wirebuzz, Social Bakers