2018 is just around the corner! Stay up to date on the latest digital marketing trends, from content marketing to machine learning, and data analytics.
Smart insights global survey: marketing activities that you think will make the largest commercial impact in 2018:
- 20% content marketing
- 14% big data
- 14% artificial intelligence
Content is still king.
Consumers want personalization
- 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized
- 63% feel highly annoyed by the way brands continue to rely on old-fashion blasting ads
- 78% think more positively of a brand if it gave them content that was valuable, interesting and relevant
- 59% of customers say that personalization influences their shopping decision
- 77% of consumers have chosen, or paid more for a brand that provides personalized experience
- 78% of consumers will only engage offers if they have been personalized to their previous engagements
Quantitative marketing goes mainstream
- Annual demand for data scientist, data developer and data engineers will reach nearly 700,000 openings by 2020.
- By 2020, the number of jobs for all US data professionals will increase by 364,000 openings to 2,720,000 according to IBM
Moment of truth: which does your organization truly need: Is it data scientists or marketing quants?
Machine learning sets the stage to replace manual ad optimization
- 72% of business leaders termed AI as the “Business Advantage”
- 58% of enterprise business executives are already using predictive analytic in their organizations
- 2025 the AI market will surpass $100 billion
- 2020 85% of customer interactions will be managed without a human
source: smartinsights, entrepreneur, infosys, marketo, rapt media, business2community, forrester, forbes, pwc, idc futurescapes, constellation research, narrative science