Let’s see what the numbers say about digital marketing as 2020 comes to a close and 2021 begins.
The State of Digital 2020 – 2021
- The average consumer attention span is 8 seconds.
- The average visitor reads 28 percent of a web page content.
- 88 percent of visitors spend more time on websites with videos.
- 61% of marketers agree that improving SEO and growing organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- 8 percent of people look up the location of a business in Google Maps.
- 50 percent of search queries are made up of four words or more.
- 93 percent of all website traffic comes from search engines.
- Search results with a thumbnail may see 50 percent traffic increase.
Digital ad spending worldwide – year-on-year growth rate.
2019: Paid 9.9% | Classified 4.1% | Display 8.3% | Social Media 22.4% | Online Video 16.1%
2020: Paid 8.4% | Classified 4.1% | Display 8.6% | Social Media 19.8% | Online video 14.6%
2021: Paid 9.3% | Classified 4.2% | Display 9.7% | Social Media 16.4% | Online video 13.5%
This category is experiencing single digit growth for the first time. – eMarkter
- 91 percent of smartphone owners made a purchase after seeing a relevant ad.
- 60 percent of buyers said that mobiles played a big role in a recent purchase.
- 51 percent of marketing and advertising budgets now go into mobile ads.
Source: embryodigital.co.uk – renderforest.com – wyzowl.com – review42.com – Omnicore – statista.com – BlueCorona
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 02 297 0289