The past year we have seen exponential growth in the adoption of digital channels and technology. While digital disruption has always been inevitable, recent events caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the mass use of technology and digital channels by all generations.
From trends we see in 2021, we can already prepare for the state of digital in 2022 and beyond. AI (artificial intelligence), and machine learning technologies would be far-reaching, potentially integrating itself into all industries, from entertainment and shopping, to education and healthcare.
Infographic – 2022 The State of Digital
See some of the important key insights about digital marketing trends and digital technologies in the below infographic and prepare well for 2022-2023.
Curated trends and numbers on 4 key segments of the state of digital:
- Rise of AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Virtualization En Masse (Internet of the Senses)
- Search Engines Level-up (Algorithms and Optimization)
- The Cookie Crumbles (3rd Party Cookie Alternatives)
Rise of AI – Artificial Intelligence
- By 2026, the market for AI and machine learning in cybersecurity is expected to reach US $38.2 billion.
- 40% of infrastructure and operations teams will utilize AI-augmented automation to boost IT efficiency by 2023.
- In 2022, over 80% of IoT initiatives in companies will use AI and ML.
- AI: Artificial Intelligence ML: Machine Learning RPA: Robotic Process Automation
Virtualization En Masse – Internet of the Senses
- According to Ericsson reports and papers – by 2030, 54% of consumers expect to be able to create a digital sound bubble to block out unwanted noise.
- 38% predict the ability to share what you taste with your friends.
- 56% of consumers foresee the ability to see through walls with AR glasses will be possible. (source: ericsson.com/en/reports-and-papers/consumerlab/reports)
- In 2022, metaverse will become part of the new normal. Metaverse refers to persistent digital worlds that exist in parallel with the physical world we live in.
Search Engines – Algorithms and Optimization
- Meet Google MUM – AI powered search. MUM stands for Multitask United Model.
- At the same time, meet Google LaMDA, a machine learning model built on the Transformer algorithm. LaMDA stands for Language Model for Dialogue Application
- Finally, note that the E.A.T principle is set to become ever more important for SEO content marketing. E.A.T stands for Expertise Authoritativeness Trustworthiness. It is one of the most important page quality factor.
The Cookie Crumbles – 3rd Party Cookie Alternatives
- Contextual Advertising: content, context and correlations
- First-party Data: customer information
- Universal Identifier: Unique identity
- Cohort-based Targeting: Behavior and interests
- Household-level Data: IP addresses and WiFi
All in all, 2022 may very well see a new-age state of digital. Stay updated on emerging trends to prepare your digital marketing plan and technological adoption roadmap.
Sources: analyticsinsight.net | gartner.com | forbes.com | ericsson.com | google.com | wordstream.com | martechasia.net | adexchanger.com