The way we do digital marketing has definitely changed in 2020. The way consumer browse, select and spend on products and services has been disrupted and replaced with new norms.
A lot of us went from ‘window shopping’ to ‘screen shopping’.
Let’s take a look at what the numbers has to say for digital marketing in 2021. A list of curated insights and key takeaways:
Digital Marketing in 2021 – Insights and Key Takeaways
- User controlled interactive images and product carousels.
- Marketers are sending 27% more emails than they did pre-coronavirus.
- Personalised subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- 30% of Google searches from a mobile device include a location.
- 60% of all Google searches are done through a mobile device.
- The cut off load time for a mobile device is 5 seconds.
Data and Web Analytics
- IT and Data security spending grew 2.4% from 120.934m USD in 2019 to 123,813m in 2020.
- Importance of BI and data in 2020. 2,259 industry professionals surveyed to rank the importance of the following from 1 to 10. 10 being very important.
- 7.3 – DQ Management
- 7.1 – Data Visualization
- 7.0 – Establish Data Driven Culture
- 6.9 – Data Governance
- 6.7 – Self Service Analytics
- 5.0 – Analytics Team / Data Labs
- The average blog post is 1,142 words long.
- WordPress users produce about 70 million new posts and 77 million new comments each month.
- 85% of adults consume content on multiple devices at the same time.
Source: convinceandconvert.com | medium.com | thinkwithgoogle.com | wordstream.com | gartner.com | bi-survey.com | hubspot.com | oberlo.com