With year 2020 just around the corner, let’s see what interesting trends and insights aren’t to be missed. We hope you find useful information for preparing your 2020 marketing plan!
The top three channels in 2020
Global survey of 499 CMOs and senior marketing executives
- social media (63% of respondents)
- the World Wide Web (53%)
- mobile apps (47%) and mobile web (46%)
Source: Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) released a report, The Path to 2020
91% of buyers are looking for more interactive content online
What are interactive content?
- Shoppable Posts
- 360-degree video
- Interactive Infographics
4,000 people surveyed:
- 60% of Instagram users say they discover new products on Instagram
- 70% said Pinterest helps them find new products
Position “Zero” in SERP
Position Zero or “#0” position is more important than ranking #1.
The featured snippet of text that appears before the first search result.
- 63% of consumers are highly annoyed with generic advertising blasts
- 80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences
- 90% claim they find personalization appealing
Rise of Video Salesmanship
How do you most prefer to learn about a new product or service?
- Other – 3%
- Presentation / Pitch – 4%
- Sales Call / Demo – 3%
- Infographic – 3%
- Ebook or manual – 4%
- Test-based article, website or post – 15%
- Short video – 68%
Influencer Marketing – Global Spend
Higher Spend to Lower Spend Forecast
- 2018: 6.3B – 3.25B USD
- 2019: 8.2B – 4.1B USD
- 2020: 10B – 5B USD
Source: theedigital.com | singlegrain.com | hubspot.com | mediakix | eiuperspectives.economist.com | upwork.com