What it takes to become a digital-first organization? Let’s see some global statistics and survey of IT and Management decision makers.
- Number of connected IoT endpoints set to top 30 billion in 2020 and reach 80 billion by 2025
- 37% of organizations have already started integrating and executing a digital-first approach
- 39% insufficient funds
- 36% lack of staff/skills
- 34% legacy system replacement
- 33% cultural issues
- By 2020, there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles.
- 59% of employers say data science and analytics skills will be required of all finance and accounting managers
- 51% say these skills will be required by all marketing and sales managers
- 49% say they will be required of all executive leader
- 48% say they will be required of all operations managers
Technologies in the works:
- 44% Software Defined Storage
- 55% Machine Learning
- 50% Internet of Things
- 56% Artificial Intelligence
- 45% Software Defined Networking
Survey of 702 IT and Management Decision Maker.
Which step has your organization completed on its journey to becoming a digital business?
- 27% Data Security / Protection Strategy
- 24% IT Skills Assessment
- 23% Develop Business Case / Digital Roadmap
- 22% Technology Needs Assessment
- 19% Workforce Strategy
- 18% Change Management
- 17% Data Management Strategy
- 15% Determining Success Metrics
- 14% Persona Development
Source: idg.com, bhef.com, hubspot.com, forbes.com, microstrategy.com, digitalistmag.com, i-scoop.eu