Technology has been shaping the way we do marketing for the past decade, whether it’s smarter search engines, programmatic ad buying or email automation. However, there’s yet more to come. We have now reached the age of artificial intelligence, robotics process automation and hyper personalization.
Here are some interesting trends for 2019 we have curated and shortlisted.
- 2% of customer service related work have been using chatbot technology in 2017. This is predicted to increase to up to 25% by 2020.
- Consequently, 80% of businesses are already using chatbots in various areas or plan to do so by 2020.
- 96% of marketers believe that personalization advances customer relationships.
- Triggered emails based on behavior are 3 times better than batch-and-blast emails.
- 57% of consumers are willing to share personal data in exchange for personalized offers or discounts.
- The machine learning market is expected to grow to $8.81 billion by 2022.
- Emerging subsets of Machine Learning: Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning.
RPA (Robotics Process Automation)
- RPA automates repetitive tasks that people do and may replace 9% of the global workforce.
- Less than 5 percent of occupations can be totally automated. About 60% can be partially automated.
source: Simple Grain, Ever Gage, Gartner, Marketo, Simpli Learn, McKinsey