Have you ever asked yourself why digital marketing needs content marketing? Both go hand-in-hand and neither could function without the other. Content marketing is a branch of marketing which markets content. These types of contents are natural, engaging, entertaining and persuading materials to its consumers. Good content is about storytelling and connecting with your customers without hard selling your product to their face. When people search for products, your content needs to answer their queries without the fluff.
Let’s take a look at this year’s content marketing insights and get you up to speed!
Content Marketing Insights 2018
- 84% of people expect brands to provide content that entertains, tells stories, provides solutions, and creates experiences and events.
- 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content versus traditional advertisements.
- 67.2% of marketers rate infographics, charts and data visualization as the most engaging type of visual content.
- Content marketing revenue will exceed $300 billion by 2019.
- On the contrary, 70% of marketers do not have a consistent strategy.
- Visual content is 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
- Researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than any other type of content.
- 4 in 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook.
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less.